Overview and objective
Welcome to Futures Thinking, an online module designed to help business owners, students and other stakeholders to think more creatively and strategically about different futures. The world is rapidly changing, and it can be difficult to keep up with emerging trends and anticipate how they might impact one’s business. Futures thinking is a powerful tool that can help one to stay ahead of the curve and make informed decisions about the direction of one’s business or activities.
In this module, one can explore a range of futures thinking techniques that can be used to identify key drivers of change, anticipate future trends, and develop scenarios for one’s business. The module also illustrates how to evaluate future opportunities and threats, discover new ideas through brainwriting, and imagine the future of one’s business.
This module offers valuable insights and practical tools to help one to design for the future, whether one is an established business owner, an entrepreneur, a student or just striving to stay competitive in a rapidly changing landscape.
So let’s get started!
Table of Contents
- FT1 Designing for the Future?
- FT2 What does the future mean to you?
- FT3 Finding key drivers of change
- FT4 Finding the key drivers for future practice
- FT5 Wild cards
- FT6 Scenario building basics
- FT7 Future opportunities and threats
- FT8 Discovering new ideas -brainwriting
- FT9 Imagining your businesses future
- FT10 Stepping into the future